Friday, June 22, 2018

Drive North

 Parks Highway 
 Ric of Alaskan Photographic Repair and Service
 Hood ornament of Texas Dave
 Texas Dave
 Downtown Fairbanks
 Doc in front of his home in Willow, AK
 Wasilla, AK
 Mile 173
Healy, AK
© 2018 Brian Adams 

Last week, I drove up to Fairbanks to have the focus my new/old Mamiya 6 recalibrated at Alaskan Camera Repair and Service. Ric at the shop had it recalibrated in minutes, he's the best. I drove up on Tuesday and returned Wednesday, so it was a quick trip. But I made a few photos I was happy with. The morning I woke up in my car, I was feeling inspired by Eggleston and decided to shoot the rest of the trip under the same discipline he used, one shot per subject. It was a fun exercise and it made it extra fun to pick up the film and see what I got. Hoping to do a couple more drives like that, this summer!




No comments: