Wednesday, January 2, 2013

ERA - Kotzebue, AK.






© 2012 Brian Adams

I love going up north, especially to a place close to my home village of Kivalina. I may have only spent the first month of my life up north, but every time I am there to visit or work, I feel right at home.

Last week I had the pleasure of photographing in Kotzebue, Alaska for Era, an airline that operates in rural Alaska. This is the second photo shoot I have done for them (you can see images from our first shoot in Bethel, AK here). Ash, Elliott and I woke up at 4am, drove to the airport, said our long loving good-byes, and then I was on my way to Kotzebue by 6am, where I was shooting by 8am. The day was long but the light wasn't. The sun rose around 11:45am and was setting by 2:30pm, so any photos I wanted outside took a little planning and scouting beforehand. In the end, I am happy to say that I think this was one of my strongest days of shooting in 2012. Not a bad way to end the year! Thanks to Era, Amber at NWS, and Ash and Elliott for waking up with me at an ungodly hour and making this shoot happen.

No comments: