Friday, October 31, 2008

Newsweek

tearsheet
mayor dave
this was my favorite photo from the shoot.

The day after I got back from NY I went to Ketchikan to photograph David Kiffer the newly appointed mayor of Ketchikan for Newsweek. David was wonderful to photograph, he was previously a reporter for The Boston Globe and he understood the process of taking a portrait. Making it easier for me to explain why I wanted to photograph in certain locations.
Davids Story was on "The Bridge to Know Where". The Bridge to Know Where is a bridge that would connect the town of Ketchikan to its airport. It seems like it should be a simple thing to make happen but thats not the case. The way the islands are laid out and to avoid the cruise ship traffic in the summer they would have to build two bridges and a road on another island to get to the airport. I believe they are entitled to a bridge and I hope I get to see it in my lifetime.
Go get um David.

No comments: