Monday, September 29, 2008

londons the guardian-climate change refugees

the guardian

A couple months ago I spent three days in the village of Newtok with Londons the Guardian writer Ed Pilkington. Ed is an amazing writer and wonderful person. I couldn't have ask for a more ideal project. Villages are what I love to photograph, if I could do one thing for the rest of my life it would probably be travel from village to village photographing. The culture and people amaze and interest me so much I can't get over it. The kindness of the people is not like anywhere else I have ever been.
Newtok is a village suffering from land erosion caused by global warming. The village is losing 90 ft a year. Ed and I spent our time interviewing elders and the men and women that are involved with relocating Newtok to a close location. The story was published on 9-28-08 in Londons The Gaurdian.

for the full story go to.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/28/alaska.climatechange

No comments: