Monday, February 6, 2017

Standing Rock - The Black Snake




© 2016 Brian Adams

During the days immediately leading up to Thanksgiving this past year (2016), I was glued to my phone watching protesters, also called "water protectors," at Standing Rock being assaulted with tear gas, shot with rubber bullets, and sprayed with water canons the weekend before Thanksgiving. As an Inupiaq of Alaska, it felt like I was watching a family member being beaten--many family members. With the amazing help and support of my wife, we were able to get me down to the reservation by Thanksgiving Day. I spent four days at the Oceti Sakowin Camp and returned again for the Veterans march a couple weeks later. I plan to return to the camp in the near future. If you would like to see more visit my website baphotos.com. Look for the tab “Standing Rock - The Black Snake”.

No comments: