Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Brothers - Will & Sam

 Will Ingram
 Sam Ingram
Will And Sam Ingram
© 2014 Brian Adams

In 1998, when I was 13 years old, my family had just moved to Anchorage from Girdwood. It was a big move for me, going from Girdwood's middle school, where my class was around 30 students, to a middle school in Anchorage, ranging in the hundreds. But, I had quickly found friends in my new neighborhood. What we all had in common was skateboarding. Will, Sam and a great crew of others and I would skate in our neighborhood every day after school. I ended up going to a different high school than my new friends, but that didn't stop us from meeting up and skating and filming all through high school. I have countless digital 8 and mini dv tapes of all our skating through the years.

Will and Sam are still skating and filming hard. I can safely say they are among the best skaters in Alaska, hands down. You can see some of there clips here and here. Also, Will is one of the proud new owners of the AK Boardroom, Alaska premiere skate and snow shop in downtown, Anchorage. I can't imagine anyone else better for the job. He is doing an amazing job progressing Alaska's skate scene. Super proud of him.

No comments: