Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jonathan J. Bower





Sam
2012 © Brian Adams

Over the weekend, I was happy to photograph one of Alaska's newest up-and-coming musical talents, Jonathan J. Bower. I first met Jonathan at the Twisted Penguin music studio while dropping off photos for the local band Ghost Hands. Jonathan was there working with Evan Phillips and James Glaves, two other musicians I've worked with locally. I left the meeting feeling bad because Jonathan had asked me for a business card but I didn't have any on hand (Ash and I were on our way to somewhere in a bit of a hurry), but Evan vouched for me and a couple months later Jonathan called me up for a photoshoot. So again, thanks to Evan Phillips for the referral!

Jonathan and I decided to keep the shoot simple. We started at his home and from there Jonathan, Sam (his son) and I moved to various locations in Anchorage. My favorite location of the day was Point Woronzof, which is a great place to photograph, with emotional skies and rich, yellow bluffs with downtown Anchorage in the background. I am surprised I haven't taken more advantage of the location lately as it's so accessible. The tones of the day and the mood of the day were everything I hope for on a photoshoot; we were relaxed, unpressured, unsuspecting and simply having a good time, making it one of my favorite shoots of the year. Thanks, Jonathan and Sam!

No comments: