Sunday, May 23, 2010

museum & 61˙ north




2010 © Ashley Skabar
Yesterday, Ashley and I photographed the opening of the Smithsonian Arctic Studies Center in the Anchorage Museum of History & Art. I went there knowing that I had two pieces in the new displays, but to my surprise I also had a 15x13 ft wall mural! The photo is a detail shot of ice fishing in Kivalina, Alaska taken in 2007. I am very honored to have three permanent photographs in Museum and I owe it all to Dawn Biddison for seeking me out and encouraging me to submit photos. Thanks, Dawn!



In other good news, the Anchorage Daily News just launched 61˙ North, their new glossy Sunday magazine insert today! Above are a few photos I shot for the publication. I am excited to see what's to come of this magazine, and I hope the rest of Anchorage is excited about it, too! You can view the whole magazine here.

No comments: